Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Watch Out, Little Wombat By Charles Fuge

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE Charles Fuge fan . . . so I can't go too long without reviewing one of his books! Today it was "Watch Out, Little Wombat!" This is one of his books I had never read before so I was rather excited to sit down for story time today with Ashton to share it with him.

As always his illustrations are just beautiful! But one of the aspects which I love about Charles Fuge's illustrations is that they are so consistent across his books. This helps to really build the characters that are in his stories, particularly Little Wombat.

This story is about Little Wombat and his friends going out to find an adventure, (another topic that strikes a chord with me!) It is a cute little storyline, and although it doesn't have the lovely rhyming scheme that I enjoy in many of Fuge's books, it is a storyline that children could easily follow and get caught up in with their imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment