Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ASHTON'S FRUITY WEEK


Throughout this past week Ashton has been exploring lots of fruit. He is loving his fruit puree’s at the moment so I thought I would explore fruit with him in a way that would start him recognizing what the fruits look like before they are pureed. Before I gave him a particular fruit for one of his meals I sat down with him and let him play with the fruit for a bit. He held it with his hands and of course picked it up and put it in his mouth. He inspected it from a distance and up close.
After his initial inspection seemed to be over I took the fruit and started eating it next to him. Straight away his curiosity and interest in the fruit picked up again, he started watching me intently while I ate, then he started reaching out to me to give him the piece of fruit. So I would give him the fruit and straight away he would start munching on the bit where I had started eating. If I took it away from him or it dropped from his grasp he would get upset that he had lost his snack. He was really starting to enjoy exploring the fruit!
As the week progressed and we kept exploring different fruits or whenever I was eating anything he would start to insist I share with him. He has also begun to enjoy eating a lot more in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment