Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A NEW DAY, A NEW ADVENTURE

One of my new years goals was to do some form of exercise every day! Yesterday I decided to go for a walk with Ashton and while we were out we stopped along the way and looked at all the different animals we passed. Living out on a farm gave us quite the selection to look at and practice doing their animal sounds.

So after doing animals stretches on Monday, a walk where we discovered all sorts of animals on Tuesday and with reading lots of books that revolved around animals we decided that this weeks adventures should just follow the animal theme!

We went for another walk today and this time we took the camera to take photos of the animals we came across. We saw, cows, sheep, hens and their chicks, ducks and a hawk. (I also saw some horses, but Ashton had fallen asleep by that time, so I took a photo to show him after his nap.) Each time we stopped to look at one of the animals I would imitate the sound each animal made. As the animals moved around and made their noises I could see Ashton following the movement of the animals and really taking it all in.

It was adventure for Ashton and I and two days in a row of walking! Wahoo!!! Two birds with one stone! (oh I don’t know if I like that saying?)


1 comment:

  1. awesome! Can't wait to read all about your adventures, and get more wonderful ideas and insight from you.

    ReplyDelete