Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

EGG SHAKER MANIA

Ashton went crazy with the egg shakers today. While he was in his high chair I put one of the shakers on the tray in front of him, within seconds he pounced on the egg and had a firm grip on it and was shaking it around. (Not long after of course, it ended up... wait for it... In his mouth! The final destination for any object within hands reach for Ashton at the moment!)
He continued to pick up and drop the single egg shaker for a while and then he noticed that I had some other shakers in my hand. He just sat and stared at them, then with his gaze going between his shaker and the shakers in my hand he started to bang his shaker on the tray while reaching out for the other shakers. (I thought this was rather clever for him to communicate what he wanted in this way.)

One by one, I started to place an extra egg on the tray in front of him with a minute or so in between each one. Each time a new egg came onto the tray he would bang his hands around and mix the eggs up, hitting them against each other and making quite the ruckas.
I love these egg shakers, they are just the perfect size for pre-schoolers to get their hands around. They are easily manipulated and make a great sound! This was such a simple little activity but it kept Ashton occupied for ages and I just sat and watched him! It was quite mesmerizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment