Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

OUR ZOO ADVENTURE

I'd like to say that I have a grand adventure to report from our trip to the zoo today . . . but I don't! Ashton fell asleep as soon as we started looking at the animals. :o) So my blog today will be about . . . " how things don't always go according to plan!"
Dionne, Dez, Mr Bop, all the kids and husbands came along to the zoo, so when Ashton fell asleep I thought I might be able to turn my enthusiasm for an adventure at the zoo onto the other girls! But unfortunately the sun came out to play a little too strong and the heat just became too much and everyone just wanted to get into the shade or go home.So we didn't get to talk about what the tiger likes to eat, or what noise the elephant makes. In fact, we missed most of the animals! But that didn't matter because Ashton did wake up just in time to see the giraffes as we were about to leave, and they just happened to be having their lunch! So the one animal Ashton got to see in action was really up close and personal. We got to see the giraffe's big blue tongue, and his big nose and the brown patchy pattern on his back. Giraffe's never cease to amaze me! They're just so BIG!

We could have looked at this trip as a bit of a disaster but we won't, because Ashton got to have an encounter with a giraffe that he never would have had if we had stayed at home! And here's a BONUS to the trip! Kris and I got to have a date at the zoo. ha ha!
INTERESTING FACT: Did you know that giraffes don't have vocal chords? - We learnt that while we were writing one of our Science Seeker songs! So next time you ask your child "What noise does a giraffe make?" and they look at you blankly, you'll have the answer. GIRAFFES DON'T MAKE A NOISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment