Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ASHTON'S ANIMAL STRETCHES

As The Polkadots we have just decided to start doing weekly adventures with our children in video format to share with The Polkadots community. Ashton and I were first up, we planned to go on a sensory walk but the weather changed our plans and we ended up doing Animal Stretches with the Animal Stretch song from Body Bop and also with a book found on Ashton's book shelf called "Toddlerobics" by Zita Newcome.

Although Ashton is only 12 weeks old at the moment, I have been waiting a long time to go on adventures with my own child, so I didn't want this to hold me back! He is just as responsive to our adventures as my 4 year old niece is... just in a different way. When we got his animals out to do the stretching activities with, he got all excited and kept pulling them up to give them a hug and a kiss... (I call it a kiss, but really he just wants to put it in his mouth like everything else!)

By starting young Ashton and I get into the habit and skill of exploring our world! Making time for learning moments and quality time together. I have tried to do this with him right from when he was a couple of weeks old and I look forward to this time with him each day... and each day he is responding more and more!



1 comment:

  1. This Blog used to be written within the Polkadots Website www.polkadots.co.nz, but recently we have changed the nature of the blog to be focused more around the Polkadots group. . . so I have decided to continue my adventure blog here for those who may be interested in reading on with me.
    I would love to have your feedback and love to hear your stories too.

    ReplyDelete