Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BOOKS SPARKS ADVENTURES

Yesterday, after I read the book "Toddlerobics" by Zita Newcome to Ashton, for our animal stretches I found myself searching through our bookshelf looking at the other books I had in there to do with animals. I found some books which are my all time favourites ("I know a Rhino" and "Sometimes I like to curl up like a ball" both by Charles Fuge) and started reading them to Ashton. This just renewed my love for these books and in particular this author!

To me books are a catalyst for adventure and inspire the use of imagination and creativity... while teaching children about truefacts too (depending on what kind of book you are reading.) I often will use a book to inspire my activities or adventures for the day. Where ideas are running low or completely dry, I can always count on a book to get the imagination flowing again and it also becomes a great point of reference for answering questions for children, revisiting ideas and for teaching children about how they can use books to extend their learning. - Sometimes I will use the same book for a whole week, revisiting it each day to look for a new adventure within its pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment