Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Novelty Painting

You may have read before on my blog that my son doesn't really have a strong desire to engage in arty activities! This is a big challenge for me to accept because I LOVE doing arty things and I think that being exposed to the arts helps develop a well rounded child. I don't expect Ashton to be an artist, nor do I want to force him to do things he doesn't enjoy. But I'm not going to give up providing opportunities for him to give it a go and bit by bit help him to feel more comfortable around these activities and materials.

So, each day we try and do something a little arty, even if its only for a couple of minutes. I do want Ashton to enjoy the activities so I try and think of the things he is interested in and then bring the art to the interest! So today we did ball rolling painting and car rolling painting!!! And we managed to stick with it for about 10 minutes each painting!!! Thats pretty good I think!

Ashton doesn't like getting dirty so he enjoyed this activity, as he was able to just hold the box and watch the balls roll around and do the painting for him! We talked about the colours mixing and changing. Then also talked about the pattern the golf ball left behind too!

Ashton particularly enjoyed the car painting and making the cars turn corners and watching the trail appear behind the car.

Although, it wasn't long before he realized his beloved cars were covered in paint and he promptly took them off to the kitchen to clean them off with the tea towel!!! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment