Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Little bit of TIME OUT for this WOMEN!

So, I have just returned from one of the most uplifting days ever!!! Today I got to attend the first ever Time Out For Women event to be held here in Auckland. I am buzzing so much that I don't even know where to start in writing about it.

What an amazing opportunity to be able to attend an event with 1500 other LDS women, including the women that are so special to me in my life. To listen to people who are all there to help me to BECOME a better sister, wife, friend, person! And I came out the other end of the day feeling like I could do all of that and more!!!

I would love to write down everything that each and every one of them said, but I would be here all and right now I'm actually quite emotionally drained and feel a migrane coming on! ha ha. I'm not really a cryer... and I cried (with happy tears!) I'm not a hugger... and I volunteered hugs to all the girls I went with (much to their surprise). Just because I was so grateful for everything that they are to me as women and how they support me and make me better! They are so much a part of my journey and I just had to thank them in a way that they knew how much I ment it! I think they got the point! ha ha.

A few quotes that really stood out to me were:
* From Laurel Christensen "Don't be the one person standing in your way!" I have written this on the front of my fridge so that I read it every day!"
* Another was quoted by Hillary Weeks, but I think she was quoting some one else? "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become."
* Then from Virgina Pearse "Don't underestimate the simple, essential 'to dos'."
* From Brad Wilcox, "We get so obsessed with ticking off our lists, that we forget why Heavenly Father gave us the list in the first place!" (Oh I am so that person!)
* And finally from Sheri Dew, "Its easier to motivate someone to do something difficult than it is to something easy." (So true!)

So, I'm home now (and what a perfect home coming it was too...) As I walked up to the house, I could hear Ashton and Kris running to the door with great excitement in their voices "Mummy's home!" What more could I ask for!

Thank you soooo much to the Time Out for Women team for coming to Auckland to share your wonderful presentation with us. It has inspired me to BECOME all that I dream for myself! But you want to know what I'm working on 'Becoming' in the short term... TONED! I'm going to become one toned, hot mumma! YEAH! ;o)

Catching up with Sheri Dew.
Hillary Weeks in action. Singing one of her many inspiring songs!
At the beginning of the day Laurel set us the challenge to take our tote bags with us where ever we went and to see where and how we could take the best photos of us with them. . . So, if you give me a challenge, I will take it! Especially when it involves being crazy and taking photos! Its, like combining my two best talents! ha ha. . . you will see what I mean in the photos to come!

I don't even know what to say to explain this first photo... it was Dionne's idea!
A bit more of a serious photo... a bit boring really! ;o)
There are many uses for tote bags... bibs!
We made sure everyone in Auckland City knew TOFW was in town by taking a photo in the middle of the downtown pedestrian crossing! Awesome!
We surprisingly got recognised as The Polkadots while we were there and were asked if we could take a photo to give to the ladies little girl. She had no idea we were all members of the church and totally surprised to see us all there!
Catching up with Hillary Weeks.
All my gals! I couldn't have asked to spend the day with a better group of ladies! I love you all sooo much and being with you for the day just topped everything off!
Surely part of taking time out means taking a nap!!! With our tote bags for pillows!
A bunch of the ladies from Harbour stake... moving forward in our journey to become... together!
We decided to make a Tote Bag chain!
Yet another use for the tote bags! A baby sling. Laural and Chrislyn get cuddles with Lily-Quinn
I tried to get the whole group to shout "We Love having TIME OUT FOR WOMEN!" But after counting to 3... only I shouted!
Brad Wilcox was jumping for joy that he was back in Auckland!!!
(I just have to add... I'm really good at jumping photos! lol)



1 comment: