Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My ALL NEW Polkadots Costume


Mum did her Polkadots Blog all about my new costume and how it evolved the other day. Its always funny to read something written about you and your personality by someone else. So I thought I would share it here! I love my new costume though!

I love how Carly’s Polkadot personality has developed as ‘The Explorer’. As a little girl she was always fascinated by her world; discovering things in the garden, fascinated by ingredients and how things worked together, collecting things in her pockets and proudly showing me her ‘c’lections’. She just loved to have adventures and could usually convince little sister Dionne to join her.
It was always a pleasure (and enlightening) to see the world through Carly’s eyes because she would find things I just didn’t see.
So, making her new Explorer costume was a really fun process. I knew it had to have a map of the world (top left hand polkadot). It had to have a hood because she would want to go out in all weathers. It had to have lots of pockets for her ‘c’lections’ and, of course, bright orange is perfect because, “Watch out, Carly’s going exploring!”
Carly in her new costume
Carly going exploring with her little boy Ashton.


No comments:

Post a Comment