Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Photo Fun!


"Polkadot Carly, loves to explore, but loves her camera even more!"
This line is soooo true about me that it totally could be the tag line of my life! I am constantly thinking about the next adventure I could go on whether it be with my little man, my whole family or my friends... I love to go on adventures. And on these adventures you can guarantee I will have my camera with me! If I find myself without my camera, I would not be over exaggerating  to say, it feels like I am missing a limb!
So, this Christmas when Santa left me a new iphone I was extremely excited to find that this savvy little piece of technology has an 8 mega pixel camera and an HD video camera as one of its features! Then to add to this excitement a fabulous app called "Instagram" was introduced to me to make taking photos even more fun!
My blog today is sharing with you the coolness of simple photo editing! Because it has just made sharing photos so much more fun for me! ... I know that Instagram is only available to iphones right now. (I hear it will be available to android very soon.) So I did some very basic research and found some other alternative apps or online editing programmes that do similar effects. Because sometimes its just fun and fresh to see photos in a slightly different way. Its adds mood and vibrance and sometimes a bit of quirk! I also found a free photo collaging programme too!!! SO EXCITED!
  • If you have an iphone... totally go and download Instagram now! It gives your photos a great 1970's feel, and there are 17 different filter types that you can choose to apply to your photos! LOVE IT!
  • If you don't have an iphone I found an app called picplz which does some similar effects.
  • If you don't have a smartphone but would still like to do some simple photo editing, then I found a website called Picnik.comThis site allows you to do some pretty quirky things to your photos, but also has some more classic filters as well.
  • If you want to collage your photos into fun designs, then this website is for you! photovisi.com is for you!
So those are three editing tools you can go and have a play around with... and if you know of any others that you have found fun or good to use please do share! I love finding new apps or programmes to play with, especially when it comes to making photo sharing more exciting!
Here are some random shots that I have taken since Christmas to show you the different filter effects.
Filter: Inkwell
Filter: Lo-fi
Filter: Kelvin
Filter: Earlybird
Filter: Polaroid (done in Picnik.com)
Collage done in Photovisi

No comments:

Post a Comment