Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

A day at the beach

"Look mum, i draw a rainbow! 
I draw a rainbow in the sand! See Look!"

You can only imagine my excitement when Ashton put this own artistic creativity into action and decided to draw pictures in the sand with a stick he had found while we were at the beach with friends today!
The sand really was a perfect natural canvas to be drawn on at this point as well, as the tide had just gone out and the sand was super flat and pretty much untouched, since we were there first thing in the morning. 

I love that he was so excited to show off his masterpiece and saw it as something worth sharing! 

I keep saying I am so excited about Ashton doing anything arty... but I actually think my excitement for Ashton actually drawing or doing "anything arty" has shifted from being shocked excitement that he is actually doing engaging in artistic activity at all, to excitement over the fact that he is actually starting to do it on his own accord! My efforts to expose him and encourage him to develop his creativity is finally paying off!



 As well doing sand drawings while at the beach, Ashton jumped waves with his friends, built sand castles, chased birds, strutted around doing an 'undie walk' at the playground, and even let me bury him in the sand from the chest down! It was a great morning at the beach just letting the kids explore as they pleased and it was nice for us mums to be able to catch up with each other... in amoungst the sprints to the toilet, with three toilet training children, shepherding children back to our base or the playground, and feeding or putting babies to sleep! YOU TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET RIGHT!


It was quite the active morning and Ashton was obviously quite exhausted by the end of it because... he feel asleep in the supermarket trolley on my quick dash into the supermarket on our way home!  That boy never ceases to amaze me, whether it be where he falls asleep or how he finds ways to tell me about his world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment