Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Prodigy of Colour - Inspriring

I stumbled across this very inspiring YouTube clip of a young girl named Aelita Andre the other day. Aelita has become known as a Artistic Prodigy. She is only 4 years old at the time of this video being made and the way she explores colour, texture and space is just amazing.

What I loved most about this clip and about Aelita's story is the freedom and space she is allowed by her parents to just explore and experiment with various mediums. I wish I had a space like this for Ashton... (and me) to be able to just paint or get arty and not care about getting paint on the carpet, or the furniture. I don't care about clothes (I just dress him in old ones).

How many limitations to do we put on our children that stop them from truly being able to express themselves or begin to explore the possibilities of mediums that may lead to an outlet or form of expression that they love.

Note: The clip is a little long, but you will get the jist within the first couple of minutes... I couldn't turn it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment