Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mummy Moment: UH OH!

Today was my catch up on house work and spend time with Ashton today after being out of town for Polkadots and visiting family since Wednesday last week! We got to do all that we had planned and then found a bit of spare time in the afternoon to use some over ripe bananas to do some baking! Ashton was very excited about this idea, pulled up a stool and got straight into pulling ingredients out!

Well, things seemed to be going great, the mix was looking good and Ashton even taste tested it a few times and seemed to approve the mixture, saying "mmm, yummy!" It was soon time for us to put the mixture into the muffin tins and I managed to get some on my hands... without thinking, I licked the mix off my finger and all of a sudden... I realised something wasn't right! UH OH! We had used SALT instead of SUGAR!!!

In one of those Mummy Moments where you are trying to do a million things at once, I was trying to measure out the "sugar" while Ashton was trying to crack in another egg. I reached into the wrong container boom... the mix is ruined! So, instead of getting upset, we just put it down to a good 20 minute science activity or mixing and stirring fun! Ashton loved it, and it ment I didn't eat more muffins to add to my expanding waste line!

So, we don't have any photos of our finished product! We have a photo of our clean up! ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment