Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ashton's Ark

Much to our surprise church was cancelled today due to a plumbing leak. This was to be my first official Sunday as ward Nursery Leader and I was very excited to do all of the activities I had planned. . . so when we were sent home without bring able to do everything I told Ashton we would have nursery at home instead.

The lesson was all about loving the scriptures and learning from all of the stories that are in them. I had set pictures up all around the room of different scripture stories. By the pictures of Noahs Ark, The Garden of Eden and Daniel in the Lions Den I had put all of the plastic animals out. Next to the blocks I put pictures like Samuel the Lamanite up on the wall preaching to the Nephites, King Benjamin preaching from his tower and Jesus learning how to be a carpenter. We had a magic carpet in the middle of the room that we sat on and as we travelled from one scripture story to the next we sang "Book of Mormon Stories".

When we got to the picture of Noah's ark I decided it would be fun to actually walk the animals into an ark, so I ran and got a box, cut off some of the side flaps, used one to make the roof and one to make the ramp and wahlah! We had Noahs ark. . . Which Ashton thought fit him perfectly and soon it became Ashton's Ark where he very carefully walked each animal up the ramp and into his ark, making all of their sounds as he went! Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment