Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Ashton's First Purchase

I have been trying to get Ashton to understand the concept of money and buying things, so today Ashton made his very own purchase and it was all very exciting! For him and ME! ha ha.

We got the money out of his piggy bank and I told him he could choose one car. He was very quick to choose a 63 Blue Mustang Convertible (his daddy rather likes Mustangs so I'm sure he will be pleased with his selection.) I gave him the amount that he needed and when I told him it was time to buy it at the counter he got all official and serious! It was the cutest thing.

Normally Ashton won't hand money over to anyone, he just likes to hold it, but he promptly handed it over and although he wasn't willing to hand the car box over to be scanned he was happy to hold it out so that the lady could scan it by lifting up the scanner. He then took his receipt and said "Ank u". He was so pleased with himself and his new car, he held it all day and was very excited to show daddy when he got home!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Carly! I'm so going to start a blog. One day!! What I really want to know, is how much of a time commitment is it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly. I don't find that it is that much of a time commitment. A blog is really how much you want it to be. Some people like to do it daily. I just do it as I have something fun to write about. And because I'm excited about it, I find I can't wait to blog about it.
    I just blog at night time when Ashton has gone to bed and I don't really have much else to do. I just find its a really good way of keeping a little journal of the fun things we do as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Kurt put the money into the St Johns collection bucket today - all 4 coins! He was so proud of getting them into the slot one by one without dropping them! It's great to let them be so involved :) you do such a great job with Ashton and really inspire me to do more too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashton you are such a cutie......'Ank U' 'Gacie are you?' LOL Gracie loves to help me swipe my card at the supermarket and hand the card to the lady it makes her feel so important. Maybe I should start Gracie with a piggie bank, CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete