Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Love Letters to Ashton-Paul

I love keeping journals and photo albums but I always wonder whether the way I am keeping them is interesting enough for the person who may end up reading it, or looking at it. So I'm always looking for new and exciting ideas.... and I just got this idea from a friend on how to keep a journal for Ashton. Its called a "Love Letters" journal.

The idea behind it is everyone that is close to Ashton writes letters to him telling him all the things that they love about him. I write in it the most... because I am obsessed with him!!! But other people like his grandparents, aunties and uncles, and close friends all write in it too. Then every time someone writes in it, I add a photo to go along with the entry.

I love this idea because it gives a really nice well rounded view of who Ashton is to all the important people in his life. And as we all know... a child can not be told too much how much they are loved!
The cute part of this, and why I wanted to add it to my blog, is that while I was writing about Ashton and how much I love his dance skills the other day, he came up to me and wanted to write in his journal. So I gave him the pen and let him go for it! I told him this was his very first journal entry! He scribbled away!
When I asked Ashton what he was writing about, he promptly pointed to his picture and sung "row, row, row, boat" So I transcribed for him and continue to add how a bit more at the bottom of how much he loves to sing and that this is one of his favourite songs.
When I told him I was taking a photo to go in his journal he said, "CHEESE". He's so well trained and I LOVE HIM!

3 comments:

  1. This is a good idea to do.... for me. ha ha ha. I am useless at journal writing! What a good Molly you are!! I think I will get a book and you can write something nice about me in it, then I will pass it onto Jess and then it can go back to you and then jess.... ha ha ha ha. You get the idea! ;) Ashton will love reading his journal when he gets older! :) Lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually thought the same thing about myself! I would like to read how much everyone loves me! bahaha! Maybe we could use our blogs as our love letters place of documentation! Oh dear... Awesome Geek Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the neatest idea, Grant and I were given a Love journal to write in for each other when we were married, and i just love looking back on that. I never thought of doing it for our kids, thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete