Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

BUBBLE, BUBBLE, BUBBLE... POP!

I couldn't have asked for a better response from Ashton as we explored bubbles this morning! His reaction to the bubbles appearing and floating down in front of him was just as magical as the bubbles themselves are!
I have been wanting to explore bubbles with Ashton for a while now but kept forgetting to buy any solution or a bubble wand while we were out. So today I decided that I would be a resourceful mother and make my own bubble wand out of a tin can with both ends cut out and then made my own mixture (after looking up a recipe online).
It took a bit of experimenting, trial and error to begin with to get the solution right, but once we got things moving, right from the first bubble Ashton was following the bubbles around the room, with his mouth open with awe! (Which he quickly found wasn't the best idea when the bubble pop right above you! You get a mouthful of bubble spray!)
Ashton's automatic response to the bubbles was to reach out and with an almost reverent approach would try to touch them, as if knowing they would pop when he touched them. The first few times when the bubbles did pop either before he could get to them, or when he touched them he gave a slight jump, surprised at the little splatter they gave off as they burst. But this did not stop him being eager for more, actually would get quite antsy with me when I didn't produce them fast enough!
I just love this photo below! It totally captures his wonder for the bubble!

No comments:

Post a Comment